Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Experience at TBT's Summer Intensive



By: Jordan Carter
Age: 12

                I was a commuter student at TBT’s amazing Summer Intensive. On a typical day, I would wake up, and prepare for eight hours of dancing! I was in the yellow level, but everyone’s first class was technique. Arriving at the studios at 8:30, I had plenty of time to stretch and warm up for our 9:00am class. During technique, I always learned something new! After that, we had a fifteen minute break to put on our pointe shoes for pointe class. After pointe, there was a lunch break where I enjoyed talking to my new friends, eating, and watching the older levels.
                Our next class, although every day was different, would be a repertoire class with Ms. Lindett. In repertoire, we worked on the variations taught to us by guest teachers as well as TBT’s teaching staff. In our Pilates class, we were able to relax our muscles, and then strengthen them. After Pilates, jazz class with Ms. Vicki was next! Like always, it was super fun! After putting on our sweats and getting our dance shoes together, a Dance Related Studies class was in order before we left. Every week there was a different topic for DRS. Topics such as, injury prevention, Ballet history, etc.
                Every time that I left the TBT building, I had learned something new, and was already excited and eager for the next day, and right now, I’m looking forward to the next Summer Intensive!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment